Speaking of WoW (as in World of Warcraft), I’ve quit playing. I’m having more fun playing (and working on Duels) and I just haven’t had time for WoW. I was getting tired of it even before Duels fully consumed me.
Here are my issues:
- Takes too long to do anything. 2-6 hours to do any dungeon? And for anything good, it was closer to the high end.
- To get any good gear takes 10 people and that’s Karazhan. Got everything from there. Which leads to:
- Nothing to do. I’m in a top guild, but I’m a social member. So I don’t get to raid much. I don’t want to join another guild or raid every night, so there is pretty much nothing left to do. Except:
- PVP… I’m a hunter. No one likes hunters in Arena. It’s hard to find a good team as a hunter. And I’m sure not starting over.
Many of the reasons I started Duels are encapsulated in that list. I love Duels because:
- I can jump in and out.
- Play when I want across whatever time increment I want.
- I can keep it open in the background while I’m working (which in my case is on Duels, but still – there is a lot of work to do.)
Hunters are good at PvP. I ran a hunter priest 2v2. You own anything with mana and if you are skilled you can kite mele.
Not all that much room for you in 3v3 but a bunch of the top 5s run a hunter.
As much as I like your Duels propaganda, most people play wow not because of the shiny graphics, but for the social aspect. Vent and a very simple chat interface make the game very appealing in that respect.
In fact, duels would benefit greatly from some form of general chat. I’m not talking about a zerg channel–break it down–but a guild/class/lvl type breakdown. The forums just aren’t cutting it anymore.
Keep posting, your blog is worse than Tabula Rasa.