From CNN.com: Pat Robertson: God told me of ‘mass killing’ in 2007
Some fun quotes:
Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a “mass killing” late in 2007.
“The Lord didn’t say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.”
It’s good to know that he can fill in the blanks for the “Lord”. Anyway, the article also discusses his previous predictions, some of which have come true. However, since most of them are vague it hardly matters. Anyway, my favorite part is when he says:
“I have a relatively good track record,” he said. “Sometimes I miss.”
So, excuse me Mr. Robertson, but your God is supposed to be omniscient. So if you “miss” at least one of the following must be true:
- Your God is lying to you.
- Your God does not exist.
- You are making this all up.
- Your God is not omniscient or makes mistakes.
I’m going to steer clear on 4. I believe it is either 2 or 3 (or both). I’m open to being convinced on option 1. If I were God I don’t think I’d be spending much time chatting with Mr. Robertson. But that’s just me.
So, uhm, I predict the following for 2007:
- The housing bust will continue. (So, to be clear, I’m right as long as it doesn’t dramatically improve.)
- There will be a terrorist event against the U.S. (I hope I’m wrong on this one, but statistically it’s pretty low risk. However, if there isn’t a major “terrorist attack” I’ll claim that attacks on U.S. troops on Iraq counts.)
- The U.S. will lose more troops in Iraq. (Free…)
- The U.S. won’t pull out of Iraq in 2007. (This is the low risk bet too. See, even if they pull out some, I’ll still be right.)
- The stock market will make a major swing. (LOL, now I’m being dumb.)
- Amazon will have its BEST CHRISTMAS SEASON EVER. ( 😉 read this post.)
Ok, enough of this. Predicting the future makes me ill…. and makes me feel kind of slimy.
Anyway, it’s morons like this that give religions a bad name. I do, however, love the picture CNN picked for this article. ROFL. Nice sleazy smile and all. Although it makes me sad that this got above the fold coverage on CNN.
Oh and in honor of this, and I’m sure the plethora of articles I will now blog about, I have created a new category: Religious Nuts.